Wednesday, March 28, 2007

All good things must come to an end...

And apparently, the end to our wedding website is here. I just got an e-mail that it'll expire in a week. I'll be sad to see it go. It's hard to believe that a year can pass by so quickly, but yet feel so far away. To commemorate the demise of our website, I've decided to copy our proposal page below... a shrine of sorts...

The Proposal
In May of 2005, Kevin & I along with Rose & Mark headed off for a week-long trip to Spain. I was ecstatic, as I had studied a semester in Granada in college, & this was our 1st stop on the trip. After we got our luggage settled in the hotel room, we went out to explore the city. I got to play tour guide & show them all the sights & my favorite places in the city. We visited the Alhambra, an incredible Moorish palace on the hilltop. (I used to be able to see the palace from my kitchen window when I lived there... can't get a view much better than that!)
After eating dinner at the hotel, we went out for a walk around the city. The ambience in Granada cannot be explained! The city at night is so alive... everyone is out & about, from families with their youngsters to elderly couples walking hand-in-hand. I was so indescribably happy to be experiencing the city again, and sharing it with my Kev. We stopped to have churros con chocolate (my favorite!) and then sampled some bars for drinks and tapas. I told Kev that I wanted to walk the long way back to the hotel so I could show him where I had lived & a little plaza nearby that I loved because it was secluded and quiet. We sat down on a bench in the square & as soon as he spoke I knew what was coming... He was so nervous! Adorable. After a sweet little speech he got down on one knee & asked me to marry him. I was in shock... Of course I will! As we walked back to the hotel, there were people in the streets cheering and setting off fireworks. We didn't know at the time that Real Madrid had just won an important soccer game. I like to think they were celebrating our engagement. In a twist of fate, Kev had unknowingly decided to propose on the same day that my Dad asked my Mom to marry him, exactly 30 years earlier. I had a perma-smile for the rest of the week!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're so lucky!! and you guys are so cute! :)