Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Moment of Truth...



Have you seen this show? It's insane. It's a new reality show on Fox where the contestants take a polygraph prior to the airing of the show and are then asked an embarrassing sampling of those questions for all the world to see. Here's an article explaining the show from USA Today, if you haven't seen it.

We've watched the first couple episodes, and despite the unbearably long pauses between the question and answer, it's actually quite entertaining. Last night's episode though was just painful to watch. There's a clip of it above, but that question was one of the lighter ones that was asked. During the hour-long episode, this contestant had to reveal that she has been fired from a job for stealing money, has taken off her wedding ring in public to appear to be single, was in love with another man on her wedding day, is keeping a secret about her Dad from her Mom, has cheated on her husband since they've been married, and that she feels that her ex-boyfriend is the man that she should really be married to. Ouch.

Why would you subject yourself to that? I mean, obviously for the cash but how much money is worth destroying your life over? I'm torn on how I feel about these contestants. Part of me can't help but feel bad for them, having to reveal such intimate details of their lives on national television. But then again, they've heard all the questions beforehand so they should be fully prepared. The real kicker of last nights episode was that after admitting all of the above and reaching the $100,000 mark, she got a question wrong and left with NOTHING. Well, probably not nothing... I'm fairly certain she did win herself a divorce...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! Paddy and I watched the show last night to! I love this show! Call me back! Love you!

Mary said...

That show is INSANE - I saw the previews for that one but didn't watch it. I can't imagine being that girl's husband! OUCH!

Tera Fraley said...

LOL- win herself a divorce. This was awful!! And the sad thing is they know what questions they are gonna ask when they go on the show!! And for her hubby to find out like that, on national television

Allison Kathleen Photography said...

Isn't it sad the length people go to for money? Insane. I watch this show too. The long pauses and commericial breaks about kill me though. I almost turn it everytime, but I always keep it on to see their next answer.