Friday, May 11, 2007

A new level of stupidity...

Yesterday, I witnessed stupidity taken to a whole new level. After work I stopped at my usual WaWa, right off the highway, to get gas before I headed home. There are loads of business complexes in the area so you're almost always guaranteed to have to wait for a pump. I was able to sneak into the last open pump with no wait.

I get out of my car and start pumping my gas as the lady at my same pump, on the other side, gets done. She starts her car, pulls away, and I hear a loud BANG. I look over, only to see the lady driving away with the gas pump nozzle STILL IN HER CAR and the hose dragging along behind it. I've never seen such a thing. It tore clean off the tank. She stops quickly and her jaw drops when she realizes what a moronic thing she's just done. You're at a gas station... how do you forget that you're pumping gas?!?

She gets out of her car, releases the nozzle from her car and proceeds to hang it back in it's place on the tank, the hose still swinging freely. Oh. My. God. I thought she might just drive away but she did go into the WaWa to fess up, head hanging. Though it would have been far more entertaining to see her carry the severed nozzle with her into the store and hand it over to the cashier with a shoulder shrug and an "Oops"...

No comments: