Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wedding Reflections...

I can hardly believe that exactly 3 months ago I walked across the sand, gorgeous Caribbean blue water in the background, and married the kindest, most gentle soul I've ever known. It all kind of feels like a dream now. A very, very lovely dream. The kind of dream that you wake up from and immediately scrunch your eyes closed, refusing to believe that you just can't go back.

I have never felt as lucky as I did that day. Although the day went by so quickly, just as everyone warned it would, there are some things I'll never forget. I remember being so happy... a happy that I could never describe to anyone, no matter how hard I try. I remember Kev's stunning smile when we met eyes as I walked down the aisle. I remember the comfort I felt when I first took his hands. I remember the sweet way his voice wavered with nervousness when he said his vows... the exact way it did when he proposed. I remember knowing that we are so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends that were willing to travel all the way to Mexico to share the beginning of our new life together. I remember looking around during the ceremony and feeling so full... I don't think it would be possible to pack any more emotions into me than I felt at that moment. I remember basking in the happiness of being 'just married' as we celebrated long into the night. I remember everything about that day being utterly perfect. And I wouldn't have changed a thing...

And I leave you with some Honeymoon photos that we got taken a few days after the wedding. You can watch a slideshow of more images here:

1 comment:

Sarah Gemba said...

Beautiful reflections, April! And I can never get enough of your wedding pics.....