Sunday, November 11, 2007

Owie...

Somehow, I found myself at the gym on Saturday. I've been meaning to make it there for awhile now, but have been able to find excuses to avoid it... I think that working 11hr days is a valid excuse. Unfortunately, Kev remembers the days when I would work 11hr days and then drive directly to the gym afterwards. And he reminds me of that. I don't know what my problem is now. It seems like after the wedding my body subconsciously made the decision to avoid the gym at all costs, give in to all office birthday cakes, and sustain myself during those long workdays on Cheetos. It has not been a healthy 9 months. I need to make a change. Desperately.

So, Kev and I went to the gym together on Saturday. It was my first trip to our new gym since the move. As we walked in, my dear husband reminded me to take it easy, as my body has not seen real physical activity in almost a year. I ignored him. And I shamefully admit that I'm paying for it now. It hurts to MOVE. That's bad. But I'll be back tomorrow to kick that gym's ass. Or something like that...

1 comment:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

I could have written that post word for word! Although I have been running, I haven't seen the gym in ages. Same for DH. He went last week and was sore for days!