Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

Even after learning that I had to work on Saturday, I couldn't be in a bad mood after seeing this! I was not expecting it to arrive since I had tracked it the day before and it had just arrived in Anchorage, Alaska. Look at the crazy journey that my Mac has made. You'll notice that they tried to deliver it in the morning and no one was home to sign for it. So they left a little note that said that they'd try to deliver it again on Monday (you mean, I have to wait out the weekend?!?) or we could pick it up at their facility... 45 mins away. Not exactly what I wanted to do after an 11 hour workday and an hour drive home. Don't get me wrong, I would have! Luckily, the best husband in the world was able to contact someone, who sent a message to the driver, who was nice enough to stop back at our house again on a Friday evening when I'm sure he just wanted to get out of that friggin truck. Crisis averted.

I love it so far. And that's an understatement. When I got it set up, I felt like a new parent. All I could do was stare at it admiringly and wonder what I'm going to do with this beautiful new thing. It's so overwhelming though. I'm trying to learn how to use my new iMac, and how to navigate through CS3, and I feel like this process is going to take me awhile. I have a feeling I'm going to be a bit sleep deprived for the next few weeks...

On another note, I thought that I'd be able to connect to the internet wirelessly with my new computer, but after reading up on it it looks like I need some things that don't come factory installed. As you can see, I don't know much about these things. If can share some knowledge about this, I'll owe you one...

2 comments:

a real librarian said...

WOOHOO!!!! Congrats, A - Can't wait to see what you will do with it! =)

Christy said...

Congrats on your new iMac! I love Macs and will NEVER go back to a PC. Just chatted with Dan and he says all new Macs come with a built-in wireless card---you shouldn't have a problem. What did the book say?