Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Boy Meets Girl...

1974. They were introduced through friends at a gas station where he worked. They were 16. She was dressed up to go out. He was dirty. She didn't like his cocky, arrogant attitude. He, playfully, pushed her into a mud puddle. She didn't appreciate his schoolyard crush tactics. He pursued her. Wore her down. And she grew to love his subtle sweetness, constant hilarity, and the way his smile shines through his eyes. At 18 years old, they got married in a small church in Ambler, Pennsylvania. They bought a home, a dog, and were blessed with three beautiful babies. Today, they celebrate their 31st wedding anniversary. Classic.


My parents have taught me many valuable lessons about life and love. I'm grateful for the solid foundation that they have provided me, as I enter into my own marriage. One thing they have shown me that love isn't always a fairy tale. There will be bad days, there will be fights, and there will be times when it's difficult to like the one that you love. But you can work through it. Their unwavering love makes me believe. I have seen my parents go through the most painfully difficult of life's challenges and their strength and commitment never fail to amaze me. Beyond the obstacles, I hope my parents know how lucky they are. I cross my fingers, and pray that someday I will be fortunate enough to look back on 31 years of life, laughter, and irreplaceable memories with my husband...

My parent's marriage is an inspiration. They promised 'for better or for worse' and they meant it. Which is rare these days.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

Holy pimp suit, Batman!
Divert your eyes from the froo-froo pink ruffles for a moment. Doesn't my Pop-pop look strikingly like Elvis?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to your parents!!

I LOVE the suits and the bridesmaids dresses! my parents wedding pics are as great as yours, and I love watching them!!

What a great story, and thanks for sharing it!!

Sarah Gemba said...

Great pics and what a tribute to your parents!

Anonymous said...

Wow, maybe your in the wrong profession. Your writing ability is awesome! You have a distinct way with words. Thank you for your wonderful tribute to your father and I. That was so heartwarming. We love you and Kevin, and wish you 31 wonderful years too!!!

kaitlin said...

Congrats to your parents! That's really awesome.