Saturday, April 14, 2007

How's Married Life?

This seems to be the standard question to ask all newlyweds. We've been married a little over 2 months and have been asked it no less than 2.8 million times. My husband, in his typical romantic fashion, shrugs and replies with, "It's the same as before." At first, this answer would infuriate me. How can our relationship possibly be the same after taking such a monumental step?

But the more I think about it, he might be right. And I suppose it's kind of idealistic of me to think that after one day of fancy dresses, flowers & cake, we'd come back and the 'us' that we've come to know & love will have suddenly become deeper and more significant. I've realized that this crazy little thing called marriage is a journey... and though things today are kind of the 'same' as 2 months ago, we're growing and changing together a little at a time. We're building this thing from the ground up... and that, my friends, takes a great deal of time and effort.

I guess I should be relieved that thus far we've been able to dodge the 2nd most asked question of newlyweds... "So, when are you having babies?"

No comments: